Web Developer – Senior, Cape Town
Payment24 is looking for a .NET/C# developer to join our team in Cape Town. You’ll be working in a larger team alongside senior and lead developers reporting to the CTO. We work predominantly with Microsoft technologies and require developers with at least 2 years’ experience.
This is a fast-paced environment and will suit someone looking to grow within a company with a keen interest in technology and a willingness to learn.
You will report to the Head of Development and work closely with our software developers and business analysts across multiple projects.
- MUST have completed a tertiary degree or diploma with a duration of at least 2 years.
- MUST have software engineering as main area of specialisation.
- 5+ years of proven development experience
- Excellent knowledge of .Net technologies – C#, ASP.Net, MS SQL
- Client-side frameworks such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Angular
- Good Communication skills
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience designing, developing, testing and debugging complex multi-threaded software.
- Ability to communicate with client’s technical departments
- Solid database knowledge – MS SQL
- Extensive understanding of cloud-based tech – MS Azure specifically
- Strong technical troubleshooting and performance analysis of issues during the implementation and support
- Familiarity with agile development tools and practices including continuous integration and deployment
- Program, test and debug all web applications.
- Design, develop, test and deploy web applications.
- Code pages, files, test, debug and deploy.
- Develop appropriate code structures to solve specific tasks.
- Research and propose software that are compatible to the future technologies
- Initiate periodic testing and implement contingency plans in case of systems failure.
- Fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Assume ownership of code throughout development, staging, testing and production.