Now any retailer can launch their own mobile wallets!
Telematics is just a fancy word for a group of technologies that work together to enable crucial data to be gathered from Fleet vehicles in real-time, to be relayed to the Head Office, as the foundation stone of a full fleet management system.
CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
A Fleet Telematics System monitors real-time vehicle location and speed, combining on-board computer data and built-in sensors to provide immediate feedback through the cloud:
- Exact location, providing clear fleet visibility and route history
- Safety events and diagnostics
- Route planning, monitoring and geo-fencing capabilities
- Improving vehicle utilisation, driver allocation, route management, accurate fuel monitoring, maintenance management, monitoring driver behaviour, speed monitoring, and idling
- Telematics provides the most accurate way of capturing mileage and vehicle performance, which increases the life of a vehicle and keeps drivers in check
FUEL IN TANK
Payment24 offers a Fuel In Tank (FIT) solution as a component of their telematics basket of solutions that provides end-users with round-the-clock monitoring and reporting of fuel usage. We make use of fuel level sensors that are installed in the vehicle’s fuel tanks and using the vehicle’s tracking device. Fuel usage is monitored in real time and linked to the Payment24 transaction that will ensure that all the fuel paid for was in fact dispensed into the vehicle’s fuel tank.
When opting for the FIT solution, an integrated telematics suite is also provided, enabling fleet-managers and owners to view the exact location of each vehicle in real-time, location of each vehicle fill/transaction as well as the location of any significant fuel reductions that may indicate fuel theft.
DON’T BE AFRAID OF BIG DATA, EMBRACE IT
Fleet owners are rapidly moving from merely tracking their vehicles and drivers to gathering data on every aspect of their business in real time. This can be overwhelming at first, but Payment24 lets you include which bits of information you need to check and allows you to shut out non-relevant information.
Fleet managers are quickly realising that advanced telematics, and the big data that can be derived from it can present huge benefits, including a significant reduction in fuel consumption and improved driver behaviour.